Friday, August 22, 2008

Olympics

I have spent the fortnight enjoying the Olympics, especially the cycling.
I was amazed at the amount of money spent on the latest Cycling technology.
250k on streamlined boots, 5k on waxing the legs and incredible amounts on the suits and cycles, just to shave that 1000th of a second off the clock.
Yet when I look at some of the cyclysts I am amazed at the size of the their ears!!! (Just look at the size of the guys ears in Blue next to Charlie Chaplain here)
Now you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realise the amount of drag this causes.
My solution a $2 reel of double sided tape affixed to the back of each ear.
You just watch the records fall!!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mark, ears are just the beginning. I think a more permanent solution would work. I am surprised that there hasn't been a trend toward surgical enhancement of performance. Perhaps this is the new performance frontier. What about female swimmers who are a bit well-endowed? And I am sure the jiggly bits get in the way for those male runners! They should go for a more stream-lined look and get those babies lopped off!

Lisa Barrett said...

We have no tv. I can't believe I'm missing jiggly bits. ( goes off muttering and talking about tv's importance in society today.)

Anonymous said...

Well anonymous I can't begin to think of what your watching now the Olympics are over. I bet you just sit home alone with your knitting waiting for the next Olympics.

mystic mazz said...

Hi Lisa, I have just bought a new T.V. and its really good. Programmes are crap though!!

Merrolee said...

Hey Mystic mazza
Can't believe I missed Sarah's posting and how she managed to get you into blogging! posts are funny - I'll be back!